Thursday, September 30, 2010

Quirky China

There were a few pictures that didn’t fit into my nicely pre-packaged
blog topics, so I decided to put them here instead. Some of them are
self explanatory, and all of them are a hoot. When we landed in
China we had no idea what line to wait in, so we opted for this lane.

I wasn't daring enough to try the donkey meat,
but it makes for a great picture!

Okay, so this is a common sight in Korea, well,
not this exact umbrella, but women carrying
umbrellas when there it's not raining.

So lots of Chinese boys had some very elaborate hair-duos,
and these guys were looking good and feeling pretty!


The hostel we stayed at in Beijing had paint and brushes for anyone
to leave a message on the lobby walls. Here are a few of my favs.







Did you spot my handy-work?

This guy was being filmed as he gave a tour near
the Great Wall. Does anyone recognize him?
I thought he might be someone with a famous
traveling show or something.

The sanitation department workers all dressed like prisoners.
Well, I guess it's kinda appropriate.

So some guy was hitting a tortilla with this gigantic hammer, and
Val wanted in on the action. After her photo-op he wrote
her a message on his phone saying she hadto pay him 20Y.
She just laughed at him and walked away.

This is cool because APM are my initials and this
wireless provider was all over the city.

Random sticker...


I'm glad I got this photo, he was riding a lot faster than you would
think possible. I did however miss the photo of the guy hauling
around 15 huge water jugs on the back of his bike.

Scaffolding constructed with bamboo.

The Chinese are crazy about chicken feet! I tried it at a
buffet and really didn't get the appeal. There was no meat, all I
did was gnaw on a chickens' foot, but you know, I had to give it a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment